Zinks

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk Garner

I am wondering where to find the zinks, in searching the site I can find the Heat Exchanger zinks but can't find anything else..... surely there must be more? The prop shaft has nothing and I assumed to find them there at least?

Thanks, Kirk
Kirk Garner

Kirk Garner

Never mind...... duh! Zincs! Need to learn how to spell!
Kirk Garner

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Kirk Garner on October 27, 2010, 08:49:01 PM
...I can find the Heat Exchanger zinks but can't find anything else..... surely there must be more? The prop shaft has nothing and I assumed to find them there at least?

1.  HX
2.  Outside on the shaft
3.  Outside on the strut

There is NO zinc on the engine itself.  You can stop searchin' now. :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Kirk : The HX has a Zn, but your year boat could have one of two sizes.  Best to unscrew the brass Zn holder and take it to West Marine and get the correct size.  Before you install the new HX Zn (in the holder) take a #2 pencil/wooden dowel and put it in the threaded HX hole and note how far it goes in.  Then take the new Zn, install it in the holder and cut it (if necessary) to that length.

You'll need to install at least one - 1" shaft Zn, on the shaft.  Be sure to get the shaft Zn with the copper "BBs" on the inside as they make a better contact than the Zns with out the BBs !!

If your strut is not grounded (isolated from the engine), you may not want to install a Zn on it.  The rubber on the cutless bearing should isolate the strut from the shaft. 

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Heyman

I zink those are the spots.

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il