c34mk11 1997 with m35bc motor

Previous topic - Next topic

andre

Good morning, i recently bought a c34 and it's my first sailboat. I want to know what is the signification of the letter B and C on my motor. Also i have a small electric fuel lift pump square and i am not sure if there is a filter inside like a round pump what i see. My pump make 3or 4 clic per second, Is it normal. I begin with this question for now. Excuse my English is not very good but i'am learning.
L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

Ron Hill

andre : The "B" means it's an M35 with 35hp and the "C" means it's wired for a Catalina boat engine instrument panel.  
There is a Racor fuel filter prior to your lift pump.  It should be in the fuel line between the fuel tank and the lift pump.
I'd say that your lift pump should be "clicking" at about 1 to 2 clicks per second.  Hope this helps.    

Ron, Apache #788

andre

scotty

Andre:  Congratulations on your new boat!  People with the same type of boat (Catalina 34) are usually very happy to meet other owners.  If there is another C34 in your harbor you might consider introducing yourself.  Your home port is Monty Bay.  Is that Monterey Bay?  If so, I'm in Santa Cruz - not to far away.  I's be glad to go over some of the boat systems with you.      Scotty
Scotty

andre

I am a Monty bay in the lake Champlain New york state.

Ted Pounds

I was going to guess that.   We loved our 5 years on Lake Champlain with our Catalina 25.  It's some of the best freshwater cruising anywhere.  Congratulations on your new boat.  You'll love it and you'll love Champlain.  I don't know if it's still available, but 20 years ago there was a very nice cruising guide published for Champlain.  You might see if you can find it online.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447