SPAM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Some of you have noticed that we have had a recent attack of spam.  It's the first in four years.  We're working as hard as we can to eliminate it.  It ain't easy.  For those of you who have seen the two that "made it" please be aware that the administrators of this board have been flooded with hundreds of emails on our own accounts, and only two have made it this far.  Please bear with us as we "fight back."  Thanks,
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Roger Blake

Aye mateys...ye be on a trail...less they be get'n away, I sez we keelhaul 'em and then hang 'em from the yardarm...
Last Call
1998 C34 MK II
Hull #1414

Ken Juul

In our quest to eliminate spam we may have inadvertantly deleted real membership requests.  If you have applied for membership recently and find that your account has been deleted please resubmit your membership request.  Sorry for the inconvience.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Another SOB hit us today, sorry about that, it has been deleted.  FYI, we've been getting a huge wave of incoming BS.  Our webmaster, Dave Sanner, is working to get our server moved over to another one to avoid this cr*p.  Stay tuned...
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Steve Sayian

Kudos to Stu, Dave and everyone else that is engaged in keeping this site clean from the crap that got posted today as well as all other SPAM.

Thanks very much!

Steve
Steve Sayian
"Ocean Rose"
1999 Mk II
Wing, Std Rig, Kiwi Prop
#1448, Hingham, Mass

waterdog

I'm a member of another forum that imposes a requirement that you have to post ten times before you can post a picture.   I never really understood that until today.   Do we have such a feature in our website software that could be activated?
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Stu Jackson

Re Ken's Reply #2, we've been hit again.  I strongly urge you to use reasonably real names, because when we try to clean this crap up, we usually delete a new registrant with a weird name or email address.

BTW, just for clarity sake, here are some definitions for ya:

1.  "Member" means a dues paying member of the C34 International Association.

2.  "Registrant" means a participant of this Message Board.

Thanks to Jon Schneider for this idea.

This should help to eliminate the confusion engendered with using the word "member" that used to be somewhat confusing to people.

See also: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,2768.0.html