USCG Documentation

Jump to navigation Jump to search

For American flagged boats, the Coast Guard Documentation number is your international registration number. It is necessary if you intend to cruise out of the USA. Many States will also accept the Documentation number in place of a State registration number, although some States (Maryland for instance) may require registration even if the boat is Documented. Unlike State registration, annual renewal of the Documentation number is free (not any more).

Visit the Coast Guard Documentation Web Site for more information.