Mainsail Cover Project
by Steve Dolling BlackDragon #804
With the new sail came new sail handling. We were without lazyjacks so we decided to add some. Makes handling the main much easier.
I cut open the top of our sail cover and added in a zipper and created a batten pocket with 2" webbing that runs full length. I went with really expensive battens - 1/2 inch pvc tubing from Home Depot - $4 a side! Some grommets on the top to attach the lazy jacks and I stitched the bottom of the cover to the sail.
Seems to work well, though I think I made it a bit tight. Now we just drop it and zip it. No more fights with flogging sail on the cabin top.