Whale Gulper 2 Gallon Sump Tank

Previous topic - Next topic

SV Pretty Lady

Hello all. I think I have found a location for my Whale Gulper 2 gallon tank and pump. I am going to put it under the counter to the right of the sink where the fridge manual pump is and water hoses are. I can remove the fridge pump and should have enough room in there for the tank. Will be easy to drain the sink into it. Will be a tight fit, but I think it will work. I can eliminate opening through holes every time I want to drain my sinks. Pump will automatically expel the water. Just need to figure out what above water through hole I want to use. Also, I plan to pump the shower in my bilge, but might connect it to the WG tank. Not sure about that yet.

Question is...the manual foot pump for the fridge....If I have it connected to drain to the tank, will I need the pump to get the water from the fridge in the tank? I thought it would just drain out and surprised I even need a pump just for the fridge.

Also, what outlet could I hook it into for pumping out that is above water? Right now I have the AC, bilge and I think two holes for the propane vent (not sure, I need to check).

1988 Catalina 34
Universal diesel

Ron Hill

SV : I'm not to sure that I understand just what you are trying to accomplish??

My thought after reading your post
Ron, Apache #788

MarcZ

I think I understand what , but WHY  :?: :think :donno:

It is your boat , but you are planning to complicate (introduce all kinds of new points of failure)  your plumbing just to avoid opening seacocks ?

There is a lot of articles about proper thru-hull / sea-cock installation  and when done properly you can leave them open while on the boat.

Attached pic is little confusing....  what is below the "shelf" on the "under" side of forespar seacocks?

93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake

Noah

I am confused as well. I believe you bought the wrong pump system for the "job" required? There is no need (IMO) for an additional sump tank. A simple pump will do the job.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

SV Pretty Lady

I am holding onto it for a few more days. If I can't find a place for it, I am sending it back.
1988 Catalina 34
Universal diesel

Noah

Standard Rig

britinusa

SV Pretty Lady,
Is it your intention to be environmentally sensitive by setting up a Gray Water tank that you can drain your sinks into rather than drain it outboard, and to drain it outboard when at sea?

That is something that I have considered but have not found a location for a tank.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

SV Pretty Lady

This is what I have. It is the pump with a small 2.2 gallon tank.
1988 Catalina 34
Universal diesel

Noah

I know what you have, but to me it is an unecessary complication. IMO, you don't need any tank. All you need is a pump—either Whale, Jabsco or any other shower/sump pump.
Standard Rig

SV Pretty Lady

I am sending it back. I realized I don't need or want the extra hassle and will use what I have until it quits working....then replace as needed.
1988 Catalina 34
Universal diesel