C34 MKII liner to hull tabbings

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Stone

Hello,
Anyone out there with a MK II that has fiberglass tabbings delaminating from the plywood or hull? In my case (2001 manufactured in 2000), the holding tank location had two delaminations that hold the locker to the hull. One was at the macerator pump and the other near the battery selector panel. There was an area in the head just under sink and another on in the rear cabin. All of these looked like the fiberglass peeled of the plywood or liner and the one in the head peeled off the hull. I have seen a few more up forward that I will address next year.
I removed the tabbing, ground to bare glass and cleaned off paint where needed before applying epoxy and new glass. In some cases I used a filler in the epoxy. I didn't go very thick with glass as I thought these areas should be flexible in case there was a load.

Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated.

Thanks
Dale
Dale Stone 2001 C34 II, Hull #1526, Salem Ma

KWKloeber

I pretty routinely now use micro fibers for all epoxy work. I've found it has the best adhesive properties and is SO MUCH easier to mix in than colloidal silica.

Also I've switched to Mas Epoxy because it's all non-blush hardener and the mix is more forgiving; 2:1 rather than 5:1. It's the bomb.

-k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain