Air Conditioning Circuit Breaker

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

Charlie, does the aft berth get any cool?

On our previous C250, I installed AC in the aft berth with the vent into the cabin, it kept the whole boat cool, but there are no bulkheads/doors other than to the head.

Does the single vent in the cabin sufice?

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

sailaway

Paul aft cabin cool not really when we have guest in the aft I put a small fan under the steps to blow into the aft cabin. We have an opening under the steps into the aft. We sleep in the V berth an our ac is only 12k. It works good for us in lake Erie. I ran 6" duct with 1 tee . Charlie

britinusa

thanks Charlie,

ours is only 10K BTU, wanted to make sure we could run it with the Honda.

I'm going to put two vents, both Stbd Side (cut back on original plan) I'm making a ply box to fit atop the V-Berth hanging locker that box will have a vent pointing into the V-Berth and there will be another vent cut thru the bulkhead into the cabin.

Return is the large horizontal opening beneath the V-Berth filler cushion.

I ran the water hose from the head cupboard under the shower tray, nav station floor, into the holding tank locker, then under the holding tank through a new hole into the fwd port side locker, through a new hole into the 3 draw locker space and finally through a new hole into the v-berth.

Tomorrow I plan to install the Discharge Thru-Hull & Sea Cock. and the pump, so i should be able to start it up briefly if I get all that done.

Paul
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

sailaway

Paul that is the same route I choose. I just used house vents from home depot on the top of hanging locker an main cabin. A hole saw would be handy to go threw the bulkhead. I use a jig saw went threw a dozen blades. Charlie

britinusa

Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

britinusa

Here's the type of vent I am considering for the A/C.

http://www.explosivepowersports.com/d-w-ceiling-register-w-damper-round-4-white-08-0228-3840rwh/?gclid=CKiU8dqv9MgCFdEYHwodR_oE0w
Plan is to install one above the v-berth hanging locker facing forward and 2 in the cabin side by side facing aft.

I figured that two would allow more control of the air flow and avoid one person sat at the table being freezing while the other side were melting.

ok, overstated, but you get the point.

Paul
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

britinusa

Just received notice that my new Smart Plug connector set for the boat's shore power cable (boat end) are on their way.

Thanks Ken.

I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow to see if I can get the rest of the A/C install complete, or at least move towards the 'done' date.

:santa

Paul
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water