1987 MK 1 Electrical System Upgrade - Feedback Requested

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

Thanks Jon,
I was unable to open the xlsx doc on my laptop, but could on my PC. (opened with Open Office) and from that I created a PDF just so that I could have the diagram on my tablet for when I'm at the boat.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Stu Jackson

Quote from: britinusa on May 08, 2016, 12:15:41 PM
Thanks Jon,
I was unable to open the xlsx doc on my laptop, but could on my PC. (opened with Open Office) and from that I created a PDF just so that I could have the diagram on my tablet for when I'm at the boat.

Could simply be that you didn't have the Microsoft converter on your software.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jon W

Hi Paul,
I just completed updating the write up to have both Excel and PDF formatted files for the schematic, cable planner, and parts list. I've also added a graphic of the schematic in jpg format to the beginning of the write up in the background section. Thanks Ken.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Cool Jon,

I hadn't noticed that ProMar 20 amp charger before -- it is meant for a "fishing boat" not the demands we put on house banks!
They burn up over use we put them through (I know, but don't ask!   :shock: )  Unfortunately Promar is very scant in the info/documentation they provide about that prior to purchase.

Ken

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

Oh also  -- Something else I found about wiki -- for others posting files --  :idea:

You can put the link directly to a file, in an article -- vs -- the link to the mediawiki page where the file is "administered" (I guess is the term.)  It cuts out one step in the viewing process -- i.e., the file will open directly) and it also kinda keeps folks out of the file area so that it may tend to stay intact (someone not upload a file in it's place or.....  )

Confusing,   :think    ..... maybe an example will explain better than my rambling?

The Cable Planner link is to:
http://www.c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=File:Cable_Planner_H4.pdf   opens the file admin page.

When you open the file however, its address itself is:
http://www.c34.org/wiki/images/8/8a/Cable_Planner_H4.pdf

So in articles once a file exists, we can go back and substitute back in the address of the file -- and it will open right up or download (depending on your browser.)

Also I know there's a way in a link to force a file to open in a new window (or tab depending on your settings) but how I CRS.  Maybe Stu or someone else.... remembers how>
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain