Re: waterproofing for dodger and bimini

Previous topic - Next topic

Roc

I'll have to do a search on-line to find a reasonable price for 303...thanks... 

About glass, I seem to remember reading in PS that Novus was tops in scratch removal and general cleaning. Novus makes a #2 and #3(heavy duty scratches) to get rid of scratches.  I've used #2 with good success.  The #1 Polish liquid is for general cleaning.  Since reading that about Novus years ago, I've only used that for the dodger glass.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

mainesail

Quote from: Roc on September 06, 2013, 04:17:26 AM
I'll have to do a search on-line to find a reasonable price for 303...thanks... 

About glass, I seem to remember reading in PS that Novus was tops in scratch removal and general cleaning. Novus makes a #2 and #3(heavy duty scratches) to get rid of scratches.  I've used #2 with good success.  The #1 Polish liquid is for general cleaning.  Since reading that about Novus years ago, I've only used that for the dodger glass.

Novus is good stuff but I've not found anything that beats IMAR... IMAR is so good that Strataglass has an entire corner of their warehouse full of their own brand of glass treatment (per a conversation with the factory rep). Once they completed testing the IMAR product they immediately began recommending it over their own brand. That says a LOT because they make no money off the IMAR product and were making money of their own in-house brand............

Practical Sailor:

"• Of the products that claimed to only clean, the Imar 301 was the clear winner, and it also is safe for treated vinyl.

• Among the polishes, the Imar 302 Protective Polish, Novus No. 1, Collinite No. 845, Mothers Marine Power, and Aquatech's Premier Polish produced the best shine and beading, rating Excellent.

• If you prefer a two-step process, then the Imar #301/#302 combo is the way to go. They produced the cleanest and shiniest windows and beaded water the best, earning the Best Choice honors."
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/