Steaming Light Replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

Set2sea

Quote from: Ed Shankle on June 18, 2013, 11:42:25 AM
Set2Sea,
Funny you mention that. When we first got the boat and were bringing it up from Conn, the furler got stuck as we were preparing to anchor in Point Judith. It was really piping and the jib sheets were flailing away, and did exactly as you describe! Wacked the steaming/deck light and sent it flying. My wife, at the helm, reached out and caught it! Shoulda sent her to the Sox for a tryout...

Ed
Hey Ed,
Funny description of events! I was once in Pt. Judith coming up from Conn ducking a blow.
I ordered a forespar guard with the new Forespar deck steam light yesterday from Defender along with wire. Thanks for confirming my decision. I am going to rewire and install new fixtures tonight (Hopefully)  Boy, I love Defender Marine, ordered yesterday at 4:00 - at my house today at 2:40.
My boat is going in the water a week from tomorrow. I will be keeping her at Salem Willows YC. When I get set up, I will give you a shout. One more week of balls to the wall boat prep. After the mast is rewired and stepped it's wash, wax and bottom paint. That would all be easy if I wasn't working full time !! Can't wait to sail her for the first time. I was thinking this morning driving to work, I have never owned a sloop before. My first boat was a cat boat and my last boat was a yawl.
Paul Barrett
S/V BuddyB
Salem, ma