Spell Check for Ron Hill

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Whether the spell check comes back or not, a better spell check is called "ieSpell" - Google it, download it and you can use it on this and any other website.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Stu : I downloaded "ieSpell" weeks ago.
It will underline the misspelled words in red and when you right click on spell check the red goes away and there is no selection of correct words to chose from - that's in Firefox.

In Explorer 9 (Windows 7), no underlining just the statement that "Exception raised! Automation server can't create object".  

So I went into programs and removed the ieSpell program and then reinstalled it.  The results are still the same.

Maybe some computer Garu can come up with another solution?????  

Until that time it still would be nice if the SERVER would reinstate the spell check that was there!!!
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

I have no clue what the issue is with your computer.  Are you running Vista?   :cry4`

I've been using it for years successfully.  Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you.  Have you considered writing to Dave Sanner?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Heyman

ar u gys shur wee knead a spel chek aniwae?
Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

Ron Hill

Kne : KOn wee porbabbly dnon't !!
Ron, Apache #788

Ralph Masters

Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Indian Falls

As far as I can tell Ron has never had a spell check. . .
Ron, maybe you are color blind? can't see red underlines?
Just wondering...  (and just busting your chops)
I don't think spell check has anything to do with the server or the web site.  I don't know!  I never had a problem with spell check not showing it's ugly line when ever I made the slightest mistake.  I run an old laptop with win xp.. I do have MS Word installed... so maybe it's using the English Library for all my entry's... never had to wonder about it before!
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

Ron Hill

Dan : I see the red underline, but only with Firefox NOT Explorer (as I posted above).  I do have Word 2007.

The reason I complain is that because the spell check on the C34 web site did work - now it doesn't.

I'll screw around and eventually get some kind of spell check, just too bad the one we had doesn't function!!

Ron, Apache #788

Jim Hardesty

For what it's worth, I also miss the old spell check.  It worked, now my old mind has to find some other way, perhaps just not post as much.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

David Sanner

I have an open trouble ticket with our web hosting company.  They updated their servers
and broke the spell check.   They don't seem to be getting very far fixing it.

Side note: Not a fan IE though better than it used to be.  Can't believe it doesn't
come with a built-in spell checker.   Everyone has their own favorite.  I used FireFox
for years but have switched to Chrome  ->  http://google.com/chrome
Fast, secure ... regularly and automatically updated for security & features.

David Sanner, #611 1988, "Queimada" San Francisco Bay

scotty

Thanks for all your work, David!!   :clap
Scotty

efhughes3

I guess I need to get with the 21st century, I still use IE, and no spell check.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

Ralph Masters

You can always type your response in Word, do formating and spell check then cut and paste to this post.

Just a thought,

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Ron Hill

Ralph : Thanks for the idea, but I can also use a dictionary!!

My point is that our site had a spell check that was working and still has the que for spell check that now is NOT working. 
Ron, Apache #788

Jim Hardesty

Ron my thoughts are the same.  Not having the best typing and spelling skills, the easier it is to post or respond the more I (and may be others) will participate.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA