Service Bulletin # 247 on filter bracket

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent & Jane Overbeck

While going over my maintenance records I noticed that the fuel bracket had never been changed.  The next time I was on the boat I checked it our and sure enough it had developed a crack.  I contacted Joe Joyce at Westerbeke and had a new one in a matter of days.  For a good write up, search "fuel filter bracket" and check out the post by Steve Sayian.

Stu Jackson

Good catch.

Also written up in "Critical Upgrades" - a "MUST READ" topic for everyone.

Thanks for the reminder.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jack Hutteball

Yep, looks just like mine did right after the recall.  Nice to know a manufacturer stands behind a faulty product even after warranty has expired.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

scotty

OK, I'm obviously the dumb guy in class.  Where is this in the Critical Upgrades? (is it one the the engine service upgrades?).  OK, it's another thing to check.  My brother and I were laughing on the phone yesterday; the more work you do on the boat, the more you find that you have to do!  Thanks for the heads-up.
Scotty

Stu Jackson

Quote from: scotty on March 22, 2012, 09:42:58 PM
OK, I'm obviously the dumb guy in class.  Where is this in the Critical Upgrades? (is it one the the engine service upgrades?).  

Scotty, not at all.

The "Critical Upgrades" topic is a STICKY topic on the Main Message Board.  It's subtitled: "Do these or Else!" :shock: :shock: :shock:

It has occurred to me that some folks may access their daily connection to our little forum here in different ways.

I chose to make the Main Message Board my homepage.  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/board,11.0.html  Or you can access it via www.c34ia.org, Forums, Main Message Board.

Others may click in by seeing "new posts since you've last visited" which may NOT show all the STICKY topics, including the Critical Upgrades topic (http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5078.0.html) and a bunch of other what we consider important topics that we keep "at the top of the "board" since we feel folks should be aware of them, as compared to the "rotating" chronological regular daily postings of topics.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Roger Blake

When I ordered my replacement fuel filter bracket (yes...I had the knife cut and it was cracked), Westerbeke sent me the water pump sleeve as well...When I pulled the water pump, found my motor did not have the sleeve...that is good service and saved me lots of bucks down the road.
Last Call
1998 C34 MK II
Hull #1414

Ron Hill

And for you guys with an M35A engine, don't forget the service bulletin on the engine mount brackets!!   A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Roc

What engine mount brackets service bulletin?  I don't remember hearing this.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Roc on March 26, 2012, 04:09:33 AM
What engine mount brackets service bulletin?  I don't remember hearing this.

Roc, try reply #4, above.

This one:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5078.msg31122.html#msg31122

tonywright

Actually the "engine mount bracket" and the "fuel filter bracket" are one and the same service bulletin. The bracket mounts the fuel filter on the engine. (Realized this after doing a fruitless search for an M35 engine mount recall!)

This is a must-do service and is a free replacement from Westerbeke.

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada

Jim Hardesty

Tony, Thanks for clearing that up.   I was confused myself, something that happens more and more and more.
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Roc

Tony,
Thanks...I was surprised to hear about an "engine mount bracket" since I never heard of the bulletin.  I went to the Westerbeke/Universal page and searched and searched and didn't find anything.  Yes, I did change the filter bracket and I remember mine was cracked.  Thanks for clearing this up.

Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD