Dinette table removal

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Glennon

Gentlemen... and ladies..... now that I am an official member of the organization, i'm afraid you'll be seeing quite a bit of me for a while.... hopefully I'll be able to contribute as well, but for now..... HELP!! I know the dinette table lowers on the piston, but is it also supposed to be able to be lifted off the post?

I'd really like to replace it with a smaller "cocktail" top for the many occaissions we entertain below.  Thanks in advance for your replys!  and HAPPY and SAFE 4th!!!
Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

malgase

It comes off very easily.  Look up toward the bottom of the table where the post fits into a "receptacle" bracket mounted to the bottom of the table surface.  Next to the post, on a flat, there should be a hex head bolt, not sure the exact size, but 1/2 inch wrench should fit.  Loosen the bolt a few turns, and the table should just lift off.

You'll have to either get another one of those brackets for your new table, or move the piece to the new one.  Either way, it should be about 30 second's work.

Michael

Brad "Captivated" #1285

The previous owner of our 1994 model had a table made that hinges at the back third of the table. This was done by using two heavy duty hinges that disappear into the table when it is folded out full. This allows us to move in and out behind the table, yet still use it for sleeping when the chidren bring their friends. When it is full it looks exactly like the original table.