Speedseal Impeller cover

Previous topic - Next topic

hdevera

Has anyone tried using the Speedseal impeller cover for quick changing of impellers?  I tried to order one, but was told that there isn't one made for the pump used on the new Catalina 34s.  Seems odd that would be the case!

c34member

'S true, 's true.  The knobs would have to be mounted behind the impeller housing facing the motor block.  You see, the Sherwood impeller pump was designed by a mentally disturbed dentist with severe brain damage from prolonged exposure to X-rays and nitrous oxide.  I don't know about the mythical Obendorfer pump that ledgend says was installed on some C-34s and which actually allows simple impeller replacement.  Ha, ha.  Yeah right, and its held together with unicorn horn screws and has a basilisk ivory cover plate.  

Get an angled 11mm wrench and allow 5 minutes time.

Roc

I have a sherwood pump and can get to the backward facing bolts with an angled box wrench.  I've had no trouble taking the cover off with this tool.  I believe someone else mentioned this method in a previous thread on a similar subject.

Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

hdevera

Thanks for the information on the angled 11mm box wrench.  I'm sure it will save me quite a bit of time.