Forestay Pin Diameter

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Granger

I need to have a replacement forestay made. All of the other information came with the boat(length & stud diameter) but I don't know the pin diameter at the mast head. I would like to avoid an extra trip up the mast measure it. Can anyone help?

Mike

Stu Jackson

Mike, don't know off hand.  Have you tried calling Catalina?  Nice that they're still in business.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mike Granger

Stu,

Thanks for the thought. This is my first Catalina and my first attempt to contact the factory, so far I love the boat but I am not very impressed with the factory. I sent them an e-mail on Monday and have called and left multiple messages each day since with no reply or callback. Based on what I have read here I am a bit surprised at the lack of response, It seems as though most people have had good luck working with them. Sooner or later they will have to answer the phone even if it's an accident.

Mike

Mike

Stu Jackson

Mike

They make boats, they're not too into email.  Call again, ask for parts, speak to David Graas or even Robert Butler, Frank's son.  Just get a real person, they're very helpful.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."