a few questions/comments including fresh water pump alterna

Previous topic - Next topic

captran

Hi all,
I just ordered and received some custom canvas.  One piece that will cover the forward hatch so that hopefully even if it rains I can leave the hatch open for ventilation, and another piece for over the boom to give extra shade and rain break.  I think I am not going to hook up the dutchman flaking system since the lines interfere with the canvas over the boom idea.  Anyone else doing that?   secondly, what options have people used to install a freshwater manual pump as a back up.  I carry a spare freshwater pump but wonder if I'd be better off with a manual to boot.  also, elsewhere, Ive posted re a 1997 universal model35  and am thinking of having an obendorfer raw water pump as a spare so that when I do need to replace, I can use the obendorfer for ease of checking the impellor.  anyone done that?  model number?

In 4 weeks I return to my boat and am hoping its all OK.  I know I need to replace the batteries that have sat for 10 months in the Florida heat.  I thought about golf cart, but think I'll settle for AGM so I dont have to worry about self discharge when I'm away from the boat 10 months a year (in storage).  I know I also should replace the chager but the changing of position flustered me.(would have to mount a stat power different from flyback because of the shelf that holds the trash can.   sigh...so much to do but I'd rather be cruising