Autohelm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Schneider

Quote from: Craig Illman on February 23, 2009, 02:48:28 PM
Jon - Nah, I think Ruthie has him on a pretty short leash.

:(

Craig

I think you just lost your crew  :cry4`
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2009, 12:51:54 PM
Stu,
Auto-tack....??...and you led me to believe your singlehanded prowess was due to your elliptical rudder.
Boy, the things a guy can pick up on this web site.......................

Yup, we can learn a lot from each other.

Nope, don't have an elliptical rudder, that was the other guy!   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Hawk

.....oops you're right. So how does your old non-elliptical rudder work for you?
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Jack Hutteball

Craig knows I'll jump on a boat anytime I'm asked... I'm inexpensive crew :D  Jon, I will be out as soon as my C34IA T&E expense check arrives... think it might be lost in the mail.  Otherwise I will be out when the military transfers my daughter and son in law back East next year.  I'll come a knocking to see what East Coast sailing is like. :thumb:
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Jon Schneider

Quote from: Jack Hutteball on February 23, 2009, 08:51:50 PM
I'll come a knocking to see what East Coast sailing is like. :thumb:

You and every other bona fide C34IA member is always welcome to experience the best sailing in the world off the east end of Long Island aboard the Atlantic Rose.  She's in the water from March 1 to Dec 15 every year.  The cockpit isn't very crowded in December or March  :cry4`
Jon Schneider
Greenport, NY USA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Hawk on February 23, 2009, 06:31:04 PM
.....oops you're right. So how does your old non-elliptical rudder work for you?

Doh, read the earlier posts...
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

ed webb

Lance - This has nothing to do with the autothelm (although mine kicks out for no known reason) This has to do with the sern pulpit seats in the picture (by the way, good looking pooch). It looks like you have a rectangular grill in the same area. Does this present any comfrot prolems? I have a Magna grill that look about the same, but hangs into the cockpit slightly.

Stu Jackson

I discussed this yesterday with Ed by phone.  Welcome aboard, Ed! :clap

Our initial conclusion was to check the voltage, and perhaps require new power leads to the autopilot.

Jon Schneider

Quote from: Stu Jackson on March 10, 2009, 12:44:34 PM
I discussed this yesterday with Ed by phone. 

Wow, Stu, you're doing member care over the phone now???  We really need to increase membership dues and chip in for your phone bill   :thumb:
Jon Schneider
Greenport, NY USA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Jon Schneider on March 10, 2009, 12:46:35 PMWow, Stu, you're doing member care over the phone now???  We really need to increase membership dues and chip in for your phone bill

Yes, Jon, always have, always will be glad to, either by phone, PM or email.  No charge to anyone - I love talking boats, especially the C34! :thumb:

Phone is great, 'cuz I get to meet a whole bunch of really nice folks.

PM and email limits discussion here on the board, but many times I cut & paste pertinent comments for all to share.