Join the C34 Association Today!
[C34 Home] [C34Tech Notes] [C34 Tech Wiki] [Join!]
Please login or register.
Advanced search  


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DQOTD  (Read 1203 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AL Lohman

  • Guest
« on: January 27, 2002, 11:57:30 AM »

Dumb question (actually two) of the day.
 While cleaning out the cockpit lazerette, what we thought was the emergency tiller for our 86 C34, turned out not to be. Obviously this is someting which we need.  Is this a part we must order from Catalina? Or, who else might carry it?
 The same questions applies to our emergency cockpit bilge pump.  We cannot find 1, how to open it and 2, what is used as the pump handle?


  • Guest
Missing handles
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 02:43:54 PM »

The pump handle is, I recall, a chromed steel tube about 15" long with a plastic ball on one end, the other fits the socket on the bilge pump.  Anything similar could be used to work the pump.  As an emergency tiller, this handle might work for motoring at slow speed, but for sailing in a blow you would definitely benefit from a longer lever arm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up