weather question for the Chesapeake Bay

Previous topic - Next topic

sdaly66

Is there anyone out there who can help alter the weather forecast for the Chesapeake for the next 4 or 5 days?

We were SO looking forward to a cruise up to Baltimore over Spring Break, but it's gonna feel more like winter break this weekend.

Sure the boys and I don't mind, but the "Admiral" and the 3 y.o. "Princess", just don't hold up when the highs are only in the 40s and 50s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I don't seem to have any "pull" with the weather gods this week.

:wink:

Craig Illman

I have a sailing friend that works for the fisheries side of NOAA. I always insist that she should have some influence with the folks on the weather side of her agancy, but she hasn't been much help. I'm wishing for a little warmer, drier weather early next week too, for similar reasons.

Craig

sdaly66

Well at least I now know what I did wrong....

I shook the holly branch 11 times...
Swallowed the three tadpoles...
But I think my first born wasn't facing due east when i anointed his head with the chicken poo.

Those internet pagan sites are really "hit or miss".

Probably too late now to fix things.

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

There is always weather on the bay....sometimes you like, sometimes you don't

Bundle up and enjoy the cruise, at least your boat is in the water.  Many aren't yet.  Mine is floating but will be minus the mast until the end of the month :cry4`
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Phil Spicer

Ken, you are in the water. I went to the boat today...20 to 30 mph wind., & when I got out from under the tarp at 4 PM, it was snowing. Yesterday it was 79 & sunshine. Nothing like NW Ohio & Lake Erie wind.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

Footloose

Phil,

I can relate with your feelings.  I won't be in the water for another 5-6 weeks.  There is still ice on the lake although the icefishermen are going through and the Coast Gaurd is warning people to stay off.  Today it is snowing.  Sunday was 55.  You have to love spring. 

BTW: My family loves Cedar Point.
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Ron Hill

66 : I'm afraid that the WX is going to be a predicted cool for the next few days with a freeze warning early in the AM. 
Watch Bob Ryan on Channel 4, and pack some "longies"!!   :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788