Fuel Line Replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

Footloose

I am in the process of replacing my fuel lines.  I have looked but can not find the size of the injector return lines.  They look fairly small.  These are the lines that go between the injectors.  Is this something I can get at the auto parts store or do I go to the Kubota dealer.
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Jeff Kaplan

dave, i replaced all fuel lines last season. the return line to the tank is 5/16". all other lines are 3/8". easy job to replace all. i got the lines at a marine supply shop. the lines must be diesel rated, and cg approved. btw, i will be in vt. on business wed. thru fri. drive by mallots bay on way to swanton. maybe next summer we can link up so i can see what" big puddle" sailing is all about. i usually watch the sailboats from dock in burlington and wish i was out there. good luckl...jeff
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Footloose

Jeff

I work in St Albans, about 8 Miles south of Swanton.  If you have some free time we could meet after work for a drink.  Friday would probally be best, but would understand if you want to go home, I understand.

"Big Puddle" sailing is great. The water doesn't taste funny or corrode things.  We have places that are thin and others that are quite deep.

BTW:  It is those lines between the injectors that I am wondering about.
Dave G.
"Footloose"

Ron Hill

Dave : The "main" fuel return line is 1/4".  You (M25XP) should have a banjo that is interconnected between the 3 injectors with metal lines.  From the last banjo (#3 cylinder) to the main fuel return line is a short piece of 1/8" fuel line.  The M25 has separate flexible lines between each banjo. 

Go to the tech notes and you'll see my article that has a diagram of the fuel system and how to change out your injectors.   The sizes are listed.  Great INFO in those Mainsheet Tech notes!!!!    :idea:
Ron, Apache #788

Footloose

Ron

My engine has rubber fuel line between the banjo of each injector.  There are small wire hose clamps on these.  The line appears to be bigger that 1/8 in and smaller than 1/4in.  The Kubota dealer knew what it was but didn't have it.  I will call Torresen in the morning.
Dave G.
"Footloose"

Jeff Kaplan

dave, sorry for the misunderstanding on which lines you were referring to. the mainreturn  line on my m25 might have been 1/4", not 5/16" as i stated. i didn't change the ones between the injectors. yes, i plan to be home fri. late pm. but, i will be in your area on thur. around lunch time. don't know if you go out for lunch but if you want to grab a sandwich or coffee, call my cell #508-641-6910 wed. or thur. and we can make plans to meet and swap boat and sailing stories...jeff
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Footloose

It appears that there are two set ups for the 25XP.  The early models have a pre-formed hose between the injectors as well as a pre-formed hose out of the front injector before returning to the tank.  Westerbeke/Universal has gone to replacing this with 3/16 fuel line. Newer models, like Ron's, have metal lines to drain the injectors.  It took calls to Torresen and Westerbeke to figure this out as part numbers for the preformed piece came up with the part Ron described with a banjo on each end.

If you have an older boat and have not replaced these, it is probally worth looking at.  Mine are very brittle are are painted gold.  This takes about a foot of 3/16 fuel line and six hose clamps.
Dave G.
"Footloose"