Isotemp Slim Line Hot water heater

Previous topic - Next topic

crieders

My hot water is luke warm. Is there any easy way to test the hot water heater?  Its the original in a 1990 boat.  Assuming I do replace, does anyone have experience with the Isotemp SLim line?  I should be able to get a larger capacity in the space provided.  Will the old one fit thru the opening, or must the trim be removed? Thanks very much. C34, 1990 tall rig, #1022.
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Stu Jackson

Nov. 2000 Tech Notes has a water heater replacement article.  As I recall the trim must be removed.  No experience with isotherm, although unless you need twice the capacity of the water and the cost is identical, it may be helpful to consider the ease of a straight swap out, making hose connections simpler.  No need to buy the more expensive stainless steel Seaward, the galvanized model is just fine.  As far as testing, is your heater not working on engine heat or electrical.  If electrical, you can swap out the heater if your housing is OK.  If the engine, see my post recently, we still haven't finished that saga, since we were plugged in all weekend -- next step is to check and perhaps replace the hoses.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

clifford Rieders

Lukewarm on engine. Sorry, I did not see our post. What was it under? Cliff

Stu Jackson

Cliff:  "Reduced engine heat to hot water heater" -- http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=3133.0
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."