Reverse Polarity

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Cuncur with Ron.  Ran into a marina last weekend that had a bad shore power outlet.  Turned on the main AC switch, got a flash of the reverse current and the switch failed to the off position.  Switched shore power outlets, everything worked normally.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Interesting continuation of this topic:

http://catalina36.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6186056212/m/3311056291

To read it, just join the C36 MB.

I noted, at the end of that reference:

Terry of Naples had problems with his Honda 2000. He reported back as follows. Thought you'd like to know.

Honda 2000 generator update
Last month I reported my Honda 2000 iu generator would not run my battery charger or AC at anchor and it just quit on me and would not staret. I also said my charger went KaPut. Both have now returned to me the generator had a bad carborator and had to be replaced. It runds like a champ now but took awhile to find out the problem at the dealer. I guess they seldom have break downs. The battery charger was relplaced under warranty. I have no idea what the problem was there. I just went out and ran the Honda for an hour with the AC on and house bank on. Charger worked fine as did the AC and all outlets tied into it throughout the boat. So ??? go figure?? I guess it was the generator. I have a Catalina 34 witha FLagship marine 16500 ac unit. Seemed to cool right down. AHHHHH It only had about 20 hours on the generator but was purchased in 2004 after "Charlie came through this area. > Honda gave some credit for that lack of use. Thought some of you wanting to know if these units will power your AC and the boat. For me ..yes

Stu "Aquavite" C34 #224 (1986) M25 SR/FK
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."