"Kudos" to this forum (re fuel system)

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Heyman

Another illustration as to how great c34.org really is. Just when I thought that I had an in depth understanding of my fuel system, bleeding etc., my system started to intermittently surrender it's pressure as indicated by the rattle of the fuel pump. What was unusual about this, is that I could easily correct the situation by cracking the knurled knob on the injector pump. The engine ran fine but clearly this was different than the pre filter change behavior. (The pump always clicked as it should with no interruptions.) The only variable was a recent filter change so i checked the Racor gaskets and all seemed OK. I remembered reading on the board that occasionally a filter can be dented. I finally decided to change the filter again, and sure enough when I took the new filter off it was dented near the rim which certainly allowed a minuscule amount of air to enter the system. Popped another R24S on --bled the system & problem solved. I think the info on fuel systems is terrific. Without it I would still be trying to figure what could have gone wrong.

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il