Cushions Factory VS Aftermarket... what do you think??

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoaster1358

I want to replace my outside cockpit cushions....   Catalina Factory wants $615 for the set.  Has anyone bought aftermarket and have they been happy with those, and at what price?

Jim Price

I have a full set of cushions in transit from "C Cushions" located in Dallas TX that I bought at the Annapolis boat show.  They are not cheap but considering they don't fill with water, don't have UV issues, can be used as a float, don't squish down when in use (real important for old knees on the winches), I thought they were a bargain.    Also, you can send them back to factory in later years for recoating if you want to add boat name, change color, etc.  :thumb:

Their link:  http://www.ccushions.com/ 

I got a show price but in addition to complete cockpit set, I have split cushions for the lazerett side, a special 9" helmsman seat cushion, two L-shaped cooming cushions, two square cushions, and in white with royal blue accent stripes.  You are probally looking at $750 + tax/shipping for full set depending on if you have C34, C34 MkI, or C34MkII. 

Cost more but you won't have a set like I do to get rid of since they can never get wet or they become a giant sponge.   :cry4`
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

Craig Illman

When I bought Espresso, it had a set of BottomSiders aboard. They sound similar to what Jim's described. Their website looks pretty good, http://www.bottomsiders.com  1-800-438-0633.  I've been really happy with them. They're even logo'd with the boat's name, hence I had to keep it.  :->

Craig

Robert Mann

I have also used Bottomsiders on my last boat, pinstriped, boat name etc etc.  I bought them at the Annapolis boat show a couple of years ago.  Service was excellent, fast turn around, they fitted well and the product has similar features to those outlined by Jim Price.

All I can add.

Bob

Ron Bukowski

John,
I just received this in the fleet 12 newsletter yesterday. You might be interested.

For Sale
Bottom Sider cockpit cushions for a Catalina 34 (1986). Color, Royal blue, with white accent stripe. Asking $50.00 or reasonable offer.
Email sail274@optonline.net
Ron Bukowski
North*Star
#1071 (1990)