Chainplate cover

Previous topic - Next topic

fulvio

While doing the "chainplate rebedding" project on two leaking chainplates, it appears I have irretrievably misplaced (i.e. "lost") one of the covers.  :roll:

What is my best/fastest option to get a new one?  (so I can finish the job and not leave the boat unsailed for weeks before the end of the summer  :cry4` )

I was thinking of taking the one I still haven't lost to a local sheet metal fabricator to have a replica made.

Thanks for your ideas!
929 Soliton 1989
Seattle, WA

Stu Jackson

Fulvio

There really is no hurry if you've rebedded properly.  The cover shouldn't be needed for any waterproofing, it's just decorative.  If you've filled the holes properly below it, you should be clean.  Your idea, or calling Catalina would work.  Their number is in the recent stanchion posts.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

fulvio

Thanks!

Turns out I worried for nothing.  In less than three hours, a local shop cranked out a new cover, plus a spare.  And the chainplates are done already, waiting to cure!

For those in the Seattle area, I'm gladly putting in a plug for the good people at Ballard Sheet Metal.  Kudos!
929 Soliton 1989
Seattle, WA