Storage Ideas

Previous topic - Next topic

tstrand

Those bins behind the seat cushions can hold a surprising amount of stuff. Our local Costco sells Tecate in a 30-pack, and we discovered we could fit them all in the starboard forward bin with room to spare.

I have a theory that this would work with other beers as well, but we haven't verified that. In the other bins we store bottles of wine, gallon jugs of distilled and drinking water, etc.

I bought five clear plastic, lidded bins from the hardware store and stacked them on the starboard shelf in the forward cabin. I made a nylon webbing strap with a quick-latch on it to hold them in place. When they're seatbelted in we could roll the boat without spilling them.

Now if someone can tell me where to store spear guns and fishing poles...
Tim Strand
Calico #572
Santa Barbara, CA

Ted Pounds

Tim,

The spears guns and fishing poles go on that little shelf behind the rods that lead up to the shrouds; right above the Tecate.   :wink:
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ron Hill

Tim : Install a couple of 1 ft square louvered doors on one or each side of the Vberth.  
Long narrow items like sun awning poles, fishing poles and spear guns fit nicely along either side. With those doors, it makes easy access as well as ventilation for that storage area.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788