blue circle Alternator

Previous topic - Next topic

SailDan

Ray,
Do you have any photos illustrating how you mounted the regulator on the door under the sink?  I've been wondering where to mount one since the bulkhead under the sink adjacent to the engine compartment in Weal Sea is currently occupied by the starting battery switch and fuse (Mark Elkin's 10/1/01 project).  I also thought about mounting the regulator on the engine compartment's port bulkhead.  Has anyone else mounted their external regulator in the compartment? Is it a problem?
Thanks
Dan
Weal Sea
1994 #1289

Stu Jackson

Dan

John Gardner had his electrical design published in a recent Mainsheet Tech Tips.  Check the Tech Note Online, it was within the last two years.  Photos are included.  I also believe it was published on Projects, so check that out, too, the pictures are bigger and in color.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Mark Elkin

The article Stu is referring to is the May 2004 issue of the Tech Notes.  Just go to the C34 Home Page and click on "Tech Notes" in the left side menu.  Then click on [2004] and finally on [May 2004].  As the Projects web master, I don't remember publishing this in the Projects section -- but I may be suffering from mild Cruis-heimers disease!   :roll:
Mark S Elkin

Mike Smith

Ray -

OK, what does "tom-union" mean? Is it the equivalent of the Navy's Tango-Uniform?

Mike

PS If the answer is politically incorrect, just e-mail me!

Ray & Sandy Erps

You guessed it Mike.  That would be the law enforcement phonetic alphabet equivalent of belly up.  Dan, I don't have a picture of the installation but could send one your way next week.  I have a separate starting battery switch mounted under the fuel filter, so it was getting a little crowded on that wall for the regulator.  The inside door mount worked good for me.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Ron Hill

Dan : Remember that the voltage regulator has "heat sync fins" on it for cooling.  That's why I mounted mine low inside that cabinet so it stays cooler!!  Up high is where all of the engine heat gets trapped.  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Mark

My confusion.  John sent me a doc file copy of his article.  I've sent it to you so you can post it (and then my earlier comments will be correct - for a change :? ).   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."