Size Ice Box on 1989 C-34?

Previous topic - Next topic

SailDan

Does anyone happen to know the size (cubic feet) of the refrigerator / ice box on the C-34? Considering purchase of a keel cooler system.  :?:
Thanks
Dan
Weal Sea
1994 #1289

Paul Bosquet

Based on shelving I did which I would like to post but don't know how, , the box measures 28" x  20  at the top  and 24" deep. My guess would be 7 cubic feet approximately. I would recommend you read comments on the subject of keel cooler on the site of EZ KOLD. They are not very efficient according to them. Probably better installing a water cool system with a 1 amp. pump. Had this kind of system when living aboard in Florida and was very pleased with the results.

If you want a pic of my ice box shelving, I can email them to you.
Paul
C34 Eliosso
ELIOSSO , ( Goddess of Lakes & Rivers )
C34, 1989, Hull #986

Mike Vaccaro

Dan,

The icebox on a Mark I is 6 cubic feet.

Cheers,

Mike
1988 C34 Hull #563
Std Rig / Wing Keel

SailDan

Mike & Paul,
Thanks for the information on the Refrigerator / Ice box size and comments on the efficiency of the keel cooler  and EZ KOLD system.  Really appreciate it.  I'll do some reading at their site per your suggestion.  
:santa
Dan
Weal Sea
1994 #1289

Mike Smith

Paul -

I would appreciate any pictures you have of your ice box shelves.

Thanks,
Mike
mikejansmith@yahoo.com

David Comando

Hi Dan,
I installed a Frigoboat refrigeration system with a keel cooler. (See a previous post) I love it! The water temp here in Long Island's Peconic Bay gets to a high of 74 degrees. According to the manufacturer it works efficiently at water temps in the 80s. I don't have stock in the company or any $$interests, maybe I should because it worked great. It was our first upgrade on Kindred Spirit that we did and it made our summer cruising more comfortable. The Frigoboat web site  is informative and the tech help was great.
Dave
Kindred Spirit #55
David Comando, 1987 Kindred Spirit, Hull# 55 sailing the waters of Eastern Long Island, and to other points in the Northeast.

Paul Bosquet

Here is a pic, I hope, of the shelving in my ice box. The evaporator/ freezer is at the bottom of the picture.

Paul
ELIOSSO , ( Goddess of Lakes & Rivers )
C34, 1989, Hull #986