interior varnish ?

Previous topic - Next topic

captran

Hi All,
I searched the archives and saw a post by Dave Smith saying he had the varnish that is used on new C 34's but no mention of what it is.   There were a few other posts but no mention of what Varnish Catalina uses.    Since I know that element will be a part of my restoration of Voyager, does anyone happen to know what Varnish they used on 1997 Catalina 34's and where I can get some?    That's at least one thing I can order now while I'm waiting for delivery.  I did get a friend aboard and he thought some of the wood can be saved and just needs to be lightly sanded and varnished.  I'd like to get a match to what Catalina uses.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Ron Hill

Cap : Call Catalina and ask them.  Parts may even sell you a can.  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

captaingary

I have used Epifanes Satin and it matches perfectly.
Gary Schneider
Windmill #1231
Long Beach  CA

captran

Thanks Gary.  I'll see if I can find it.   Maybe it was just a few bad days when I called Catalina.  I'll try again as I also need a plastic piece that goes at the base of the deck stepped mast (at least, I think there's a plastic piece that the mast sits on.  When the yard removed the mast they were in a rush, and I doubt they took care of any little pieces.  I heard from a friend that there were loose pins all around the deck, so I'll probably be missing some of those too.  Just wont know till it gets here.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."