Cutting Board

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gardner

You may be interested to see the cutting board that I found in my local supermarket (Giant, for those in the Chesapeake Bay area).  It's made by Farberware, which is a widely distributed name, and fits as though designed for the job.  I put on eight rubber feet from the local hardware store (using stainless screws instead of the ones provided) in order to locate it on the sink.  Otherwise it is as bought.
John Gardner, "Seventh Heaven" 1988 #695, Severn River, Chesapeake Bay.

wilsonlb

This is something I have wanted ever since purchasing my boat last year, but creating one myself was low on the priority list.  With this easy solution available I rushed out to duplicate your purchase.  Here's what I found:

Farberware Item # 78744-10
Available by mail order at 877-327-2932
Normally $9.99, currently on sale for $4.98.

My shipping is going to be around $6.  I figure $11 for a "custom" cutting board insert is a pretty good deal.

Ran139

John & Larry,

Thanks for the information on the cutting board. Now I can make a few points with the admiral.
    Not related to the cutting board, I noticed you have the same interior fabric as I have. Do you know where I might find matching material?

- Ran

rappareems

Thanks John,

When I called Farberware to order, as soon as I gave the girl the number she said, "the cutting board, you must own a sailboat".

The power of the web and this website!
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Stu Jackson

Ran

Re matching material.  Catalina is still in business, what a great source.  :)

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Paul Blumenfeld

I got the same response from the girl when I called today. It sounds like they put the whole stock aside for us.  Good thing they didn't know the demand before they dropped the price!
Ali'ikai #312
Channel Islands, CA

PAUL

There are a few replies missing from the cutting board subject that were on the old web site, such as the picture of the cutting board and my question is the cutting board the same on both sides ?

Admin

Don't know what happened. Add it in again.
Thanks,

wilsonlb

Reverse side is flat.  No groove.  No logo.

Gene Regan

:D

Hello all
Ordered 2 boards today told me about 2 weeks delivery time. Apparently they are recieving alot of orders as stated in earlier post.
It will be a great addition to our galley.

Norris Johnson

What a great website.

The Capt. ordered mine for me today and I'm also on backorder. The lady wanted to know why a lady was calling this time. The Capt explained,"I am the Captain". The lady loved it and they talked for about 15 mins.

Don't ya wish everyone with a business had someone like that answering the phone. :D
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

wilsonlb

Received mine and it fits just as advertised!  Great addition to the boat.

To get the feet positioned correctly (feet bought at Home Depot) I used a template made from 2 pieces of 8.5 x 11 notebook paper.   I taped the sheets together to make a 16x11 template, folded one corner, taped it to the sink, and marked where the feet should go.  Then I transfered the positions to the cutting board and attached the feet.

VERY easy.  There aren't too many 10 minute jobs that will make this much difference.

Philip Imhof

The store for the cutting board is near me. If anyone wants one, please let me know. If I can get a bunch of orders, I could purchase them all at once, and ship them out. Might be cheaper!

Donay's Dream I

The cutting board find looks great.  I live in Nova Scotia and may be able to pick a board up locally.  What are the dimensions of the board?

Regards

Ian MacDonald
Donay's Dream I 8)

wilsonlb

Dimensions:  16" x 11"