INTERMITENT GREEN LIGHT ON PANEL

Previous topic - Next topic

PHIL YATES

ECLIPSE #22

I have owned the Eclipse for some 7 yrs. and have not  had any trouble with green or red panel lights. For  6 mo. I have been unable to run the problem down on the blinking.
Has anyone had any problem like this ??

Mike Smith

Hi Phil -

Which panel is the light on, the engine or the AC or DC distribution panel?

Mike

Mike and Jan Smith
S/V Breezer WCX8545
www.mikejansmith.com

PHIL YATES

HI   Mike
Sorry thats on the A C. panel, as I installed a new upto date one about 3 yrs ago and have had no trouble with it up  til now.
Have checked all connections  and have  found no  reason for  this problem..

Mike Smith

Phil-
Looks like you are just across the Garcon Point bridge from us! (Or just a ways down the four lane, as they say around here) I was just looking you up in the database and it looks like you've done some serious traveling in Eclipse. Where do you keep her?
As far as the green light goes, what is it supposed to indicate when it is working properly? My AC panel just has yellow lights next to the breakers to indicate ON, and a red light to indicate reversed polarity on the main. Did you get the panel from Seward (stock Catalina) or did you get it from one of the marine stores? My experience is that if anything electrical goes intermittantly whacko it is usually a grounding problem, although others may disagree.

Mike

Mike and Jan Smith
S/V Breezer WCX8545
www.mikejansmith.com

rirvine

I would agree with Mike. Before doing anything major, check all the connections / wiring in the blinking "green light" path.

John Langford

It's funny tha this issue has come up. One of the questions for my upcoming survey of "Calypso", a 1999 C34, is the constantly flickering AC panel light. The AC supply seems fine but the panel light just flickers away non-stop. I'll ask the surveyor what he has to say about it and report back.

Cheers,
John Langford
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

Jim "SV Ohana"

The green light on my AC pannel flickers until the charger goes to standby mode.  I wasn't worrying about it, but interested in what you guys comeupwith.
Jim

jentine

My green light doesn't flicker.  One of us has a problem.  I hope it is you.  I don't need the work.
Jim Kane

PHIL YATES

MIKE, RON AND THE REST OF YOU GUYS  THANKS  FOR  YOUR INPUT,WILL CHECK IT OUT FURTHER, AND  WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT... WHEN I DO ..
YES MIKE I LIVE, ON THE BLACK WATER BAY, JUST ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF I-10 BRIDGE..

John Langford

Just finished the marine and engine surveys on "Calypso" the 1999 C34 that Kate and I are buying. Both surveyors discounted the flickering green light as a problem.

Cheers,
John Langford
Cheers
John
"Surprise"
Ranger Tug, 29S

Sashay

All,

If that green light on the 34s is anything like the green light on the 42s, they are neon and as they reach the end of their life, they begin to flicker like an old florescent bulb while growing dimmer and dimmer.  Even minute changes in voltage levels will "switch" the bulb from flickering to steady.  

Rodney
S/V Sashay, C-42 #567