sea water strainer bowl

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

Does anyone have a source for the sea water strainer bowl?  Looking for the bowl only.
Appreciate your help.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

scgunner

Paulus,

I assume you're talking the one under the sink in the head and the part you want to replace is the clear plastic. I've recently replaced mine and I found the seal has been redesigned. The seal on the old bowl was cut at about 45 degrees making a leak proof seal difficult, if it wasn't tightened enough it leaked, if it was too tight the rubber O-ring slipped out and it leaked.

On the new strainer both sealing surfaces are flat so you can just screw it right down on the O-ring and get a good seal every time. I haven't seen a bowl only and I'm not sure a new bowl would fit your old unit. A complete new unit isn't that expensive or difficult to replace and is much more convenient than the old one.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Paulus

Where did you find the new one?
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Ron Hill

Paul : Let me publish this again (for the 15th??/20th?? time)
The strainers for the raw water (under the head sink) and the fresh water (under the galley sink) are made by the HYPRO corp. They are/were? in 375 Ave NW, New Brighton, Mn Tel # 612-633-9300  The C34 strainer that you want is the 3/4" Model #3350-0040A the bowl is #3351-0039.

As I've mentioned many time before - there are a couple of types of SS strainers. I use a fine strainer for the fresh water and a courser strainer for the raw water

This is from a fact sheet dated 12-91  So good luck finding them!!

Kevin : FYI, the "O" ring gasket has ALWAYS been square!!  You must have had a PO change it to a round "O" ring.

A few thoughts   :clap
Ron, Apache #788

Ed Shankle

I had to order a new O-ring last year for the raw water strainer, as the yard lost the existing one. The one sent was round, not square like the original. Before returning it, I tried it and it worked! So I kept it. On line supplier of Hypro brand.
Regards,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Ron Hill

Ed : Thanks, I went on line and Hypro is still out there!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Paulus

Thanks for the info.  Ron, I did call the phone # you shared.  The phone works but no answer at the other end. I tried a few different times and also left a message.  Did find the the water strainer and bowl.  I also have the round o ring.
Thanks for the help.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944