Motor mounts

Previous topic - Next topic

senorquill

I just did the 75s front and back. The engine is much smoother, especially at idle. I used to get really bad shaking.

M25XP.
MQ

Ron Hill

Guys : What I noticed when I replaced the original engine mounts is there was no more "buzzing/vibration" so my feet were "going to sleep" when were were motoring!!  The Vetus mounts also smoothed out the engine at idle to a point were when I'd ask a marina owner/dock hands to give me the dock lines they would ask, "aren't you going to start the engine first?" - The engine was already running!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Phil Spicer

Checked the fit of the new damper plate and it fit fine. The specs say 122mm. It it is just a little under that,
121.42+ or- .01. The flywheel plate measures 121.60,+ or -.02. So far, all is good. Waiting for the Vetus mounts.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

kh3412

Expected to see you at the boat today working. Did you get the transmission back? Missing some good weather..
1987 mk1 a work in progress #618

Indian Falls

Just my 2 cents:  if I had to do it over again I would have used the harder ones all the way around.
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

Phil Spicer

Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.