Muffler exhaust

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawntrader

I need to replace my muffler. I read a bunch of the articles but am curious if anyone has used something other than the original one like a vetus WLOCKL50R or a vetus duel stage or a centek vernalift Does it really matter?
Dawntrader
cat 34 tr mk1
Peter penfold
1986 C-34 MK1
Hull # 184

KWKloeber

Peter

If you've done a search and read the posts then you must have read that the OEM Aqualift is no longer made and Centek now makes the replacement?  And must have read about the vetus?
And read the wiki article Bill wrote about replacing his exhaust riser and using a Centek can muffler?
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Dawntrader

KW
No i missed all of the articles that you mention. . i  have always had a hard time finding info on here. Can you point me to those articles. Can you tell me which centek and vetus is recommended
Thanks
Peter penfold
1986 C-34 MK1
Hull # 184

Ron Hill

Peter : What's wrong with your muffler??  There have been numerous posts on "How To Repair Your Aqualift Muffler" on our Message Board.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Peter

Bill's writeup is on the wiki, under "Exhaust" - so easy to find.

I don't have articles/posts bookmarked so I would need to do the same search.

The best search function is here (it's BOOLEAN; you can use qualifiers like AND OR NOT and "quoted text", etc. )
https://c34.org/search_gcse/?q=
That search box used to be on the Home Page but for some reason was removed?

I misremembered that the discussion re: the Vetus was on the C30 forum
https://groups.io/g/Catalina30/topic/93174298#111067

I don't know that there is a "recommended" muffler, unless you go with the OEM replacement (CD sells it exclusively, so naturally recommends it!!)  But it's a bit overkill.  A less expensive round centek is adequate.

ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

lazybone

Call Catalina yachts for a exact fit replacement NOT Catalina Direct and Save yourself hundreds of dollars.
Catalina makes replacements with what looks like carbon inlet and outlet pipes.  Nice stuff.

The last one I ordered was about a year ago.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Dawntrader

Ron Hill
just think that at its age and with its broken inlet it should be replaced. realize it could be repaired.

ken Thanks for your help

Lazybone-- Thanks

is there a way to reply to individual replies
Peter penfold
1986 C-34 MK1
Hull # 184

KWKloeber

Yes on the left sidebar panel click the envelope (send email) or the balloon (send a PM thru the forum.). That is if the member has those options activated on the account.