Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

M25 = B6200
M25XP = B7200
M25XPB = F2400/F2560 ;

M35BC ~ The V1305 block is used in the B2710HST tractor

TW, 
Look this isn't rocket science
Google the engine block number and magically tractor data sites report back what it's used in.
And that there's a gear cover on eBay.
Then use a Kubota parts site and look up the tractor parts.

OR MAYBE, JUST MAYBE The wiki might already have the Kubota parts manual for its "cousin" M35B engine.
I'm glad I waste my time posting the manuals.  :shock: :shock:

However, you must be VERY cautious on fitment -- there were different water pump diameters/gear covers used on the B engines.   What diameter is your water pump impeller?  The thermostat diameter (and water flange/Tstat cap size) was also upped after the early B engines -- obviously, there was some cooling issue.

Try Messicks.com parts dept - I find them VERY helpful. 
Or a Kb industrial engine dealer like EDI Engine Distributors Inc. 856-228-7298
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

glennd3

Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Ron Hill

Alex : Here's another idea on patching your gear case cover.  Take some acetone and clean the inside of that bolt ear that's leaking. Then mix some JB Weld and put a smooth coat over the inside ear in an attempt to seal a hairline crack!?!  Might be a chance that it could seal that area - atleast worth a try. You could even coat the outside!! 

The surface needs to absolutely oil free for the JB Weld to stick!!!

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Ron's idea is good.

I suggest you consider DEVCON if you choose to go this way.  I found DEVCON to be superior to JBW in the two cases I had to deal with.  One was replacing a stud in that same gear case cover for my rw pump.

DEVCON comes in handy small tubes, too, for $14 CDN a few years ago.  I don't think my tech note about is up on the online set yet, although it was a few years ago and you may have that issue of Mainsheet if you keep 'em.  :D  I'm not at home now and can't check, sorry.

Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain