34 Mk II wiring access

Previous topic - Next topic

robbjd

Our 97 MkII has a locker installed under the chart table and I'm wondering if the small piece of floor board in this locker covers fiberglass like the rest of the floor boards or if there is access to wiring?
S/V Mystic
1997, C34 MKII, STD rig, Fin keel
Universal M35-AC
Hull #1344
Sarnia, ON, Canada

Admiral_Swellson

If you're talking about the floor directly below the chart table, then YES, it's solid fiberglass under the teak veneered plywood. I had to reach in from the settee side to run wires through the conduits.

robbjd

S/V Mystic
1997, C34 MKII, STD rig, Fin keel
Universal M35-AC
Hull #1344
Sarnia, ON, Canada

girmann

Can you post your success/failures of running wiring through here if you get a chance? I tried doing this last year and ran out of time and patience.
Proud owner of hull #1488

Admiral_Swellson

Quote from: girmann on March 16, 2022, 03:39:03 AM
Can you post your success/failures of running wiring through here if you get a chance? I tried doing this last year and ran out of time and patience.

It was tight and took some time and patience for sure. There are I believe 2 x 1" conduits crossing beam-wise, only about 2-2-1/2ft long (presumably to keep wires isolated against bilge water?) I ran a few things through there at different times but the main ones were a pair of AC wires from the breaker panel to my inverter/charger under the sink.

I don't have photos of this, it would not look like much. I believe I used a coat-hanger to first push through the conduit, then attached an end of my wires, then pulled it through.  Probably sprayed some soapy water on it as well for lube. That's about it. Good luck!  At this point my conduits are FULL. :)

waughoo

Not the same conduit but I just went through this with my mast conduit.  Had a tag line I pulled with my radar cable.  About a year later I went to use the tag line and it wouldnt pull through.  I ended up using a Millwaukee "fish stick" set to push down from the radar hole to the base of the mast step in the cabin and then pull the new wire up.  It worked, but I'd say that conduit is now COMPLETELY baked!!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte