Throttle Speed Adjustment

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Guys : The Michigan Wheel props that I have seen have a much wider (cord) blade than the Catalina OEM Sailor Props!!  I've posted this MANY times.

A few thoughts 
Ron, Apache #788

jonathanc34

My throttle controls 'slip back' at higher rpms.

Up to ~2300 rpm, the throttle lever stays where I put it.
It will rev higher, but will slip back to ~2300-2400 with the throttle lever physically moving back over a few seconds.

Would love some suggestions where and what adjustments/inspections I should make to resolve this.
Is it the cable itself, the lever at the binnacle, or some other adjustment?

Edit: Seems it can be fixed either way as per KWKloeber's link below. Either tighten the friction screw for the lever in the binnacle or add a 1/4" clamp to the throttle cable in the engine-bay to increase friction. One requires compass removal, the other is easier to adjust in the future. And when I went to install a clamp on the throttle cable, I discovered there was one in place already. I tightened it a smidge, and now my throttle holds all the way to WOT.
'Owenoke' 1988 C34 Hull 548 Tall/Wing M-25XP
Worton Creek Marina, MD

She'll make .5 past 6 knots. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. (I've added some special modifications myself.)

Jim Hardesty

QuoteMy throttle controls 'slip back' at higher rpms.

Common problem has been discussed here before.  Try a search.  My temp fix is a rubber band wrapped around the guard tube and back to the lever.  Then when I have time, take the compass off and tighten the bolt to add friction to the lever.  There have been other fixes discussed.
Jim

try   https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,9973.msg76336.html#msg76336
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA