Retired today

Previous topic - Next topic

glennd3

I will be able to go sailing any day the wind is good. I hated just having the weekends to sail.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Ron Hill

Glenn : Congratulation!!  Think about joining Fleet 12 Chesapeake Bay.  Get together with other C34 owners and access to the Fleet Tool Box (Cutless bearing tool, Loos gage and many more) Contact Susan Recla ... sbrecla@comcast.net  !!  :clap

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Congratulations.   :clap

Now you'll need to find a hobby.  Wait!...  :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

waughoo

Huzzah!!  That is how you do it!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

robbjd

Glenn, congratulations! I also retired Wednesday. We'll be sailing our recently purchased 34 MK2 from Penetanguishene on Georgian Bay to her home port of Sarnia, Ontario on Lake Huron over the next several weeks. Many people have told me that they had an adjustment period after retiring. I guess mine was all of 24 hours!

John Robb
Mystic
1997 C34 Mk II
Hull # 1344
S/V Mystic
1997, C34 MKII, STD rig, Fin keel
Universal M35-AC
Hull #1344
Sarnia, ON, Canada

glennd3

I have to say it feels a little weird. I have to tell the wife to leave me alone for a couple of months. I just want to be able to take a nap in the afternoon then have a Manhattan. Some people say I will get bored. I say if that happens I will drive around the capital beltway at rush hour and stare at the brake lights which I have watched for 30 years. I am 62 how old are you?

Quote from: robbjd on July 03, 2021, 06:04:01 AM
Glenn, congratulations! I also retired Wednesday. We'll be sailing our recently purchased 34 MK2 from Penetanguishene on Georgian Bay to her home port of Sarnia, Ontario on Lake Huron over the next several weeks. Many people have told me that they had an adjustment period after retiring. I guess mine was all of 24 hours!

John Robb
Mystic
1997 C34 Mk II
Hull # 1344
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

glennd3

I joined last year. I missed the first raft up. I had a car show that weekend.

Quote from: Ron Hill on July 02, 2021, 11:56:15 AM
Glenn : Congratulation!!  Think about joining Fleet 12 Chesapeake Bay.  Get together with other C34 owners and access to the Fleet Tool Box (Cutless bearing tool, Loos gage and many more) Contact Susan Recla ... sbrecla@comcast.net  !!  :clap

A thought
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Ron Hill

John & Glenn : The Brigadier General list came out on the same day I retired. 
The dumbest BOB I've ever meet in over 30 years was on that list - with that it took me only a nano second to adjust to retirement!!!

True happening !!
Ron, Apache #788

Craig Illman

Bored? I didn't need a calendar application until I retired five years ago. Find some volunteer activities (different from your career) to fill in the spare time you aren't playing with your boat.

My 2 cents, Craig

WBev

Great news, Glenn! I hope you enjoy the time you worked so hard for.  Now, there should be little to get in the way of a meet up on the water....

Bill
Wobegon II
1992 C-34 MK 1.5
#1211,  Wing/Tall Rig
Universal M35
Magothy River, MD

Bill Shreeves

Congratulations Glenn!  Hope to see you around Worton Creek now and again or out on the Bay.

I turned 62 in June and haven't made firm plans when yet but, its been on my mind a lot in the past few months.  Before I got the boat 6 years ago I figured I'd work till 70.  I liked what I do and figured working is better than twiddling your thumbs.  Well, now no question what I want to do and can so, I should get busy and get my last few ducks in a row!

A friend of mine that retired last year says that you retire when you have enough or when you've had enough...
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

glennd3

Bill,

I am planning on a cruise down the bay to Norfolk in August, about 300 miles round trip. I am hoping to get a picture of my boat with an aircraft carrier in the background.

Glenn

Quote from: Bill Shreeves on July 14, 2021, 02:43:06 PM
Congratulations Glenn!  Hope to see you around Worton Creek now and again or out on the Bay.

I turned 62 in June and haven't made firm plans when yet but, its been on my mind a lot in the past few months.  Before I got the boat 6 years ago I figured I'd work till 70.  I liked what I do and figured working is better than twiddling your thumbs.  Well, now no question what I want to do and can so, I should get busy and get my last few ducks in a row!

A friend of mine that retired last year says that you retire when you have enough or when you've had enough...
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Noah

Ironic, Glenn! In San Diego we try to avoid aircraft carriers and submarines as it is always a big drama, with security zones patrolled by Navy and Homeland Security fast boats, with big machine guns, and young excitable soldiers chasing you away... :shock:
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

captran

:clap Congrats! Hope you find it rewarding as I did.  This September will be 8 years!
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa