Engine water intake shut off valve

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Colon

As I was turning the shut off valve for the engine water intake line I noticed it turned VERY easy. Then I noticed that the handle was in my hand. I searched for any advice in changing this shut off valve but didn't find any. Or am I searching under the wrong topic?
Fortunately the valve is in the open postion. The boat is due to be hauled this week end so that should make it easier to change without making a fountain out of the boat.
Has anyone changed this valve?
Thanks for any advise. And yes I did lube the valve in the spring before I launched. Perhaps it had water from the strainer which is right above it and froze last winter?
1994 CAPTIVATED # 1285

Stu Jackson

Thru Hull Fittings

A search on this message board under "marelon" turned up:

http://c34.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=srch&s=329609511&findw=marelon

Also try marelon on the main 'site.  You could also try thru (or through) hull fittings, and valves.

Also, the main 'site search will search the Tech Notes Index (but not the text of the PDF scanned files themselves).

One way to do your own search of JUST the Tech Notes Index is to copy them to a word processor and then search in your word processing program through the copied and pasted Index.

Lots of information already out there.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."