Engel purchase and install

Previous topic - Next topic

Patches

After the winter electrical upgrade, I purchased the Engel MT45F-U1CD-P platinum series AC/DC combination Fridge/Freezer.

Fits perfectly on the seat of the aft cabin on my Mark 1.25, with cushion removed, and held in place with some webbing straps.  Still have to wire in a 12 volt plug.

This particular Engel is not cheap ($1000) compared with other portable AC/DC fridge freezers.  But Engel's unique Sawajima swing compressor gets universally high reviews for reliability and low amp draws.  And, in its size which fits on my aft cabin seat, there is nothing else available like it.

In addition, this particular model has two zones, and can be used as (1) all fridge, (2) all freezer, or (3) both fridge and freezer simultaneously. I can also take it out, take it home, take it on the road, or put it on a new boat if I ever lose my mind and sell my perfect (for me) C34.

Review after break-in will follow.

Patches

Admiral_Swellson

That sounds great :clap , we'll probably do the same at some point. I'd love to see pictures of it in place when you get a chance!