Updated advice on Engel

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Lucas

Quote from: Noah on January 25, 2021, 12:32:33 PM
Interesting packaging/marketing slogan on box: "Japanese Design & Technology"  :?

I guess they decided against selling it as "Ram Tough"!
Jim Lucas
1999 MKII #1431, M35B, TR/FK 
"Calypso"
Sailing the PNW
Royal Victoria Yacht Club
Victoria, BC Canada

bayates

We have a Dometic CX35.  It works awesome.  Stored in aft cabin and we added the extra insulation jacket.  It draws very little power and we run it at 7° to keep ice cream for the admiral. We would have gone bigger but the 16.5" width on the door to aft cabin was limiting factor.   
Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA

Jim Lucas

Quote from: bayates on January 26, 2021, 05:56:31 AM
We have a Dometic CX35.  It works awesome.  Stored in aft cabin and we added the extra insulation jacket.  It draws very little power and we run it at 7° to keep ice cream for the admiral. We would have gone bigger but the 16.5" width on the door to aft cabin was limiting factor.

I was told the Dometic was a good comparable. Your boat layout is the same as mine. Where in the aft cabin do you store it? Did you secure it with something?
Jim Lucas
"Calypso"
Sailing the PNW
Victoria, BC Canada

lazybone

Quote from: Noah on January 25, 2021, 12:32:33 PM
Interesting packaging/marketing slogan on box: "Japanese Design & Technology"  :?
Don't look now but the Japanese ate our lunch decades ago.  Every industry or technology they care to be involved in they excel.   Their stuff is good and expensive.   
They got out of the tin trinkets business along time ago.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Jim Lucas

Just a quick follow-up. I built a small 3 3/4" high shelf (14 x 15") that elevates the Engel MT35 enough to back it in fully under the nav table. I found this to be unused space and ideal for this addition to our galley.
Just thought I'd share my final location placement for those that might consider something like this.
Jim Lucas
"Calypso"
Sailing the PNW
Victoria, BC Canada