Boom End Cap Needed...

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom P, IMPULSE #233, '86

Does anyone know if the boom end caps for an '86 C34 are still available?

While working on mine over the the weekend, the goose neck end was accidently dropped, breaking a large portion of the flange (part that goes inside the boom)...I was attempting to free the goose neck pin from the end cap which was frozen in place due to corrosion, not allowing  the boom to pivot (clockwise/counter-clockwise) on the gooseneck pin...

It looks to me that both boom end caps are the same (fwd and aft); both have the same pulley config...The aft end is just mount opposite of the gooseneck end, so the outhaul sheeves are in the correct location.

Anybody had any luck buying one lately???
And if so, how much did it cost (I only need the aluminum casting, everything else can be re-used)?

Thanks,
Tom

jentine

Is there sufficient material to have it welded?
Jim Kane

Stu Jackson

Tom

Have you called Catalina?  They don't do email, but the phone to parts works wonders.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

wilsonlb

The piece you're looking for is sitting on my desk right now.  I'm refurbishing my mast & boom and broke the endcap during disassembly.

Catalina sells them.  I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was around $65.