Converting Jabsco electric head pump to manual

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Henderson

The PO of Pau Hana had a Jabsco electric marine head installed.  I have never really liked it since it sounds like a screaming Banshee when it's used.  Today we noticed a bit of leakage at the base of the electric pump  and while I could probably get a repair kit or buy a new one, I think I would like to re-convert this electric head back to a manual head. 
Has anybody done this before?   I'm thinking that I may be able to buy the manual pump and simply replace with the electric and pull back the wires that are running to feed the current pump. 
Or... should I bite the bullet and rep[lace the entire head.  Any thought or ideas greatly appreciated as always.   :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Stu Jackson

Kevin,

You have basically three choices, given your background of wanting to go manual. 

1.  Replace pump assembly with a manual Jabsco - not top of the line

2.  Replace pump assembly and base with a Raritan LBA pump and reuse your old bowl

3.  Buy a Raritan PHII.  PHII Installation with Photos  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3797.msg45617.html#msg45617

If not, you could get a"better" electric head, which IIRC is also made by Raritan.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."