Installing Solar Vent aft of Mast

Previous topic - Next topic

dprice

In the interest of checking twice before cutting a hole in my boat.

Does anybody know of someone who has installed one of the Nicro Solar vents between the main salon hatch and the mast.  

It does not appear that there should be any wiring run through the head liner there but thought I would double check if anyone else has installed a fan here.

Thanks

Dave

Mike and Theresa Vaccaro

Dave,

May be practical to mount the vent in one of the existing hatches--saves a 4" diameter hole through your deck and allows you to simply replace the lexan panel if you choose to remove the vent in the future.  

There is a good article on ventilation on the Sailnet website (in the article section that you can access from the right side of the homepage) that you might want to take a look at.  Other resources are the Vetus and Nicro websites.

Best of Luck,

Mike

Andrew Harvey

I have a brand new Nicro solar/12V. Will not work at all under the dodger.
Andrew
Andrew Harvey

Andrew Harvey

I probably should clarify my last post. The vent is for sale. It's a long story but i will sell for a discount since I can not return it.
Andrew
Andrew Harvey

Jeff

I cut hole (with hole saw) in hatch cover aft of mast and installed solar vent. Stepped on obviously by mistake and cracked hatch lens - since replace lens. Solar vent functions fine.
Jeff
C34 #1102
Salty Dog