wheel steering autopilot

Previous topic - Next topic

andre

Hi everybody, I'm looking for a new autopilot and I found a wheel pilot  CPT autopilot that it's seem interesting and less expensive than a below deck autopilot. Is there someone who knows that pilot.
L'Apache hull#1377  1997 Quebec Canada universal 35bc

Stu Jackson

andre,

They are very good, robust units.  They do not interface with anything.  They are course keepers.

They get very good reviews on all boating forums that I read.  I have visited their place in Aptos, California.  Great aftermarket service, too.

Type cpt in the search box and read more, we've discussed them here before.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

andre

Thank you very much Mr Jackson

Jon W

I'm planning to install a CPT wheel pilot on my 1987. Powerful, reliable, and durable from everything I've read and everyone I've spoken to. Used on larger and heavier displacement boats with great success was a big plus for me.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

andre

Thank you Jon. I think that is a good unit. I hope so because in my last trip from Quebec  to  Cuba last year my raymarine smart pilot didn't make the job in the sea. It was ok in the intracoastal but just there.