engine cooling pump hose.

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard Armstrong

Does anyone know the Kuboto part number for the hose coming off the engine cooling pump going back to the heat exchanger. it is a formed hose. i have a 1988 model 25XP.
thanks
howard

David Sanner

Not sure if there is a Kobota part number but I ordered
a single hump hose directly from Catalina Parts
(part #80648 I believe) for around $40.

Size for my 1988 C34 / 25XP:  8"  x 1 5/8 "
David Sanner, #611 1988, "Queimada" San Francisco Bay

Ron Hill

Howard : If you are talking about the bottom hose out of the Oberdoffer to the heat exchanger on the starboard side, you don't need a preformed hose.  It's on the pressure side of the pump so it need not be wire reinforced.  You can save a bunch of $$ by getting a nylon reinforced hose.  
Look in West Marine at page 521 at the "Series 135 heavy duty water hose".   I believe the size is 5/8"?  Take off the old one and match the diameter and length.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Howard Armstrong

Ron, it is the hose coming off the engine water pump that delivers anti-freeze to the heat exchanger. it is 7/8 inch in inside dia. From what i have been able to determine is that I am going to order from the catalog the earlier post suggested. Cant find anything that will work so far.

Howard Armstrong

For all who are interested. at Pep Boys it is a Dayco hose. part number is (A)70637CS at the price of $6.00. it is an exact match. At least is is for my hose.

Ron Hill

Howard : From what you've said it's the PORT side hose that goes from the internal water pump (50/50 Prestone) to the heat exchanger.  That hose should be preformed and definitely should be wire reinforced.

BTY, when I replaced mine - I took some 1" clear hose, slit it and put it over that hose as chafe guard.  I found that that coolant hose was rubbing against the engine, starter and solonoid and had almost chaffed thru!!  Put that tip in the Mainsheet - many years ago.   :wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After a day--- I've thought about my reply and have something else to add.  My hose on the port side of my M25XP (from the internal water pump to the heat Xchanger) is in 3 pieces.  There's a preformed piece from the pump to a, short 90 degree metal tube (to go around the corner) and a long straight piece to go from the tube to the heat exchanger.  The short piece must be pre formed as it has a small curve in it.  The long piece need not be preformed as it's straight .  Being on the output side of the pump it can be nylon reinforced and need not be wire reinforced.  I replaced mine with a short performed hose from TRAC auto, reused the 90 degree tube and a section of black hi temp hose from West Marine.  As mentioned I added chaffe guard to the long hose as well as the tube.  Didn't want any part of that to touch any part of the engine.  A thought  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788