Color Radar/Chartplotter

Previous topic - Next topic

hdevera

FYI, For those who have the Raymarine non-color chartplotter/radar screen that was an option on slightly older model MKIIs: I just installed the daylight visible Raymarine color model into the Edson pedestal area and it is an easy switch.  The color model is a tight fit because of ? what I think is a heat sink.  The wiring is the same.  I bought the unit off ebay and saved a bunch.  For those interested, don't forget to check ebay... if you're comfortable with that kind of purchase.

roger saunders

Hal,
That's just the upgrade I'm planning. I haven't sed e-bay before. How did you find the color chartplotter. Re. the tight fit with the heat sink, do you have a Navpod module?

Roger Saunders

hdevera

Roger,  I had the RL70RC in the navpod.  I replaced it with the RL70CRC plus.  All I had to do was connect existin wiring to the new chartplotter.  I happened to be looking on ebay and did a search on Raymarine products.  There happened to be this unit for sale.  No taxes and well under prices at discount marine stores.  There was only one other person bidding on the item.  I waited till about 5 minutes before the end of the bidding and placed my bid.

Hope the other bidder isn't on this list.

Roger Saunders

Thanks Hal,
I'll give it a try!
Roger