are my water tanks reversed?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekutney

I have hull #42 and have 3 water tanks; one fwd under the V berth, one starboard under the setee and the third is a bladder under the aft berth...  It is exactly the same bladder as shown in the posted pics, 200 liters from France.  The previous owner told me this was the original configuration.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Andrew Harvey

We have the same bladder tank in ours. It was factory install.
I never use it though. Run out of holding capacity before we run out of water from the forward tank 
Andrew Harvey

Ekutney

Quote from: Stu Jackson on October 02, 2015, 09:09:59 AM
Here are the photos Becki sent to me of her aft bladder tank.  Looks like a PO mod.

I have the same bladder under the aft berth, which I'm told by the PO of 27 yrs is original.  I was thinking of replacing it with a slightly smaller one because of age & it is very close to the shaft log.  Has anybody ever replaced theirs?   If so what brand.  I want it more for ballast because rain water collects in the fwd part of the cockpit right before the companionway.   I also have a water tank under the V berth & one strb side under the setee.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Ron Hill on October 03, 2015, 01:03:16 PM
All : The 1986 C34 came with starboard and  Vberth water tanks.  All subsequent C34s came with starboard and aft lazerette water tanks.

Not always true.  My '86 has the aft tank and starboard tank.  As far as I know, only the "earliest" 1986 boats came this way.  Defining "earliest" is the hardest part!   :shock: :D :D :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."