anti siphon valve for exhaust system

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

Just removed my anti siphon valve to check it out.  All is good. But, I did notice that the inside diameter is only 1/2 inch, and I thought that I had read that this should be 3/4 inches.
Your thoughts.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Ron Hill

Paulus : I don't believe that any C34 have a 3/4" anti syphon valve.  My 1/2" work fine for over 25 years.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Paulus

Thanks,
Will put the old one back in.  Has been working fine, just doing regular maintenance.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Stu Jackson

If it's the one between the HX output and the nipple, it's 5/8".  For the hose size.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

Quote from: Paulus on October 20, 2015, 02:20:21 PM
Thanks,
Will put the old one back in.  Has been working fine, just doing regular maintenance.
Paul
Are you saying you removed the valve (duckbill or spring loaded) or the vented loop?  There's no need to remove the loop for normal maintenance, just unscrew the valve and clean it to make sure it operates freely.

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Paulus

I removed it(duckbill), cleaned and checked the hoses. Put it back in.

Thanks,
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944